Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Standing Dead Tree Removal Deadline Extended to June 30

Standing Dead Tree Removal Deadline Extended to June 30: "From: FEMA Filed 2/26/07

The deadline for 90 percent federal funding of standing dead tree removal in Hancock, Harrison and Jackson counties has been extended to June 30. The extension by the Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) covers the whole of each of the coastal counties, not just areas affected by storm surge."


I have been worried about a dead pine tree in my neighbor's yard for months now as when it falls my house will most likely receive heavy damage. I have uploaded a picture showing the marked tree. My home is to the right of the tree. It is a huge pine that should have been taken down before it became a threat. Ignore the quirky things the camera injected on its own.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY! The extended it! Now maybe someone will come get that tree!!

Ruth said...

LOL Hope so! It has made living here miserable for me. It's tall enough to get ME no matter what room I may be in at the time. LOL