Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Pascagoula New Construction

The weather was nice today with a high of 66 degrees. I received my new camera yesterday and learned enough about how it operates to at least take a few pictures to show you. I tried taking a video but I don't think you would be interested in looking at my car's dashboard, my right leg and foot. When I improve, you will be seeing videos. As I drive around I have to remind myself how much it has improved in our area and not focus on what is not good. The most amazing thing to me is the amount of debri that once littered the grounds. People are building their homes again but it is moving slowly. My daughter, Anita, still has an incomplete kitchen. Instead of completing a room the workers go to another room to put up new baseboards That sounds good but they don't finish that either before moving to something else. I have thought perhaps they are bored and they need diversion. It is very difficult for my daughter and the four children to live the way they are. I think the contractors have so many jobs that they may come for two days out of a week and then they are gone for a week to other jobs they also have. You want to tell them to hit the road but you hesitate as they need to stay around to fix the helter skelter messes they have made.

The first picture is of a house that I have been watching for a while. One that is high on pilings. I think you may agree, they have made a very appealing new home for themselves.


The house below was heavily damaged by the storm but it is livable again and nestles nicely under the oaks..


That's about all I have today. Now I am going to watch "Lost" and see if Sawyer is as cute as I thought.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ROFL Sawyer!! I'm sure he's aged some.. it's been so long since we've seen him last. :) We'll be watching too of course!

Excellent pictures!! The new camera does well by you.

Ruth said...

LOL You think Sawyer has aged enough to catch up to me. LOL I wish!