Sunday, February 25, 2007

Last evening was spent waiting on severe weather that didn't materialize. There was a 20MPH wind that came in spurts. No big deal, except for the time I wasted worrying about it. Years ago my favorite Aunt was so frightened of the weather that she had a small storm shelter built long before it became popular. I was young enough to think her fears were groundless but since Katrina, it's becoming more appealing. Plans were made for me to attend an award's ceremony tonight for my two young grandsons and teammates for the weeks they spent learning to play basketball. It was great, the crowd was sizable and all showed support for the kids. A juggler was the entertainer, he was amazing. I did get a few pictures today in Pascagoula before I went to the event.

Downtown


Downtown

Pascagoula Street


Side view before turn on Beach Blvd.




Beach Park



Once in a while I lose track of just where I was when I took a picture ... the next picture is one of those times.


Pascagoula is making progress as I had no doubt they would. The citizens have always been a hard working and determined people. I need a couple days off from taking pictures but I will be back soon!

5 comments:

the family guy of FBC said...

Thanks for all the photos of pascagoula. I check your blog out on a regular basis. My parents are building back at 3703 Washington Avenue. The Wright's. If you are ever snapping a few on Washington Avenue and it is a convenient time for you, it would be awesome to see a picture of my old (new) house. I live in Memphis now and my parents wouldn't know how to send a digital pic if they had to. But more importantly, thanks so much for keeping us all updated.

the family guy of FBC said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ruth said...

Thank you Richard. I would love to get pictures for you. Are your parents located near Dr.Donald or Randy Zelenka?

the family guy of FBC said...

I spoke with my mother and she says that she knows a Sissy Zelenka who is building back on Washington.

Ruth said...

Sissy is my niece and they have a start on the foundation at this time. I will continue taking pictures on Washington Avenue for you.