Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The weather forecaster alerted us last evening to a severe system that would pass through our area. I was up most of the night and not a drop of rain fell. NOTHING! So I fell asleep where I lay, in my recliner. Just before 7:00AM the rain started ... it got pretty wild with wind, lightning and rainfall. My feelings on the weather, since Katrina, is each time I make it through the unstable weather that we are experiencing, is that I have dodged yet another bullet!

My Backyard

3 comments:

The Smiths said...

Hey, Ruth..this is my second try on sending this...I'm glad you "dodged the bullet" with the storm, but that pond...whew...Send it to me and I would have a great ice skating rink. It's was -20 windchill here today.
God Bless, Melanie

Ruth said...

Hey thanks Melanie, Where have you been? It does seem like we have some pretty bad storms. Last spring that same backyard pictured was burned and withered by a drought. I pray that all of us everywhere have a beautiful spring. Although not as cold as your state gets, we have had a very long winter. Things are changing weatherwise. May God Bless You Too!...Ruth

Unknown said...

That's an unbelievable picture, Mom. So much water. Water water water! And to think - I used to like water!