Friday, January 20, 2006

Katrina and Angel Trumpets

You probably are just plain tired hearing about our predicament in south Mississippi but I do hope you continue reading my scribblings as they may help you if something so disasterous ever happens to you. Now it is happening to me and as they say, "Life goes on!" Doesn't matter that our world as we knew it has been turned upside down, doesn't matter that we are a depressed, hurting people, the world goes on turning without us. The 29th of this month will be 5 months since the hurricane did its destruction of not just property but also to the lives of people. We are living chaotic now. I know that when awakening each morning it is with hopes that this will be the day that a miracle will happen in all our lives. To live without seeing any beauty around you destroys the spirit. Even the birds haven't multiplied enough to sing us a cheerful song. So many were killed in the storm, as were squirrels.

I always had beautiful flowers wherever my residence. So in freezing December temperatures something bloomed for me that wasn't supposed to. They are called angel trumpets. Hmmm... How many trumpets are mentioned in revelation? Oh Shoot .... it's seven!

No comments: