Sunday, January 29, 2006

Katrina Possibility

I have talked about riding out the storm with my family on August 29, 2005. I have spoken of the aftermath. I have taken an active part in assisting my fellowman in his time of need. As a somewhat more comfortable victim of the storm (didn't lose my home) I was able to look at the events that have taken place more objectively.

The slow response to such a major disaster was hard for me to understand. So the only conclusion that I could come to was that we may have been "nuked". Certain kinds of attacks may or may not have fallout involved. But if you didn't want to chance that, just wait a few days before responding to " let the air clear".

Bear with me please. There is no one here protecting our shoreline or preventing an invasion of our still helpless people. Why? Our two major bridges are not even under construction. No homes are being built. Most people are living in small Fema trailers and business is conducted from Fema trailers.

The discussions over the Ocean Springs bridge is still being held up because we need a drawbridge as we are a shipbuilding area and the ships need access to open water. The delay is supposedly because it will cost more money to do it properly. We are looking to the future and we can't jeopardize that future.

Call me crazy if you so desire as there is a certain "katrina lunacy" but take a look at the news each day and tell me that it isn't possible to have already happened here.

No comments: