Thursday, January 05, 2006

Sep 1 ... Arose early in the morning more exhausted than ever because I had slept in a leather recliner and was so hot that my body was literally stuck to it. I went outdoors and inspected the house for damage. Three back porch screens were torn loose and a very tall pine tree was leaning toward the house. The once pretty yards were ankle deep with debri. Oaks were stripped of their leaves. A wooden privacy fence in the back yard was now listing.

Inside the house I took thawed and rotting meat out to the garbage can. Furniture that I had moved was put back in place. It was now time to go back to Anita, Dave and the kids. We had no way to contact one another and I was worried about them as they were about me.

I inched my way down the streets carefully avoiding debri in the roads. In the light of day the devastation was breathtaking and unbelievable. It was so eerily quiet. Was like the world had ended and this ONE lone car was taking this lady back to the devastation she had left just the night before. I cried all the way to their house!

More to come ...

No comments: