Monday, January 30, 2006

The Sun Herald - 01/19/06 - Forget Camille

Thought you might find this interesting. I have lived long enough to meet both of these ladies They both brought death and destruction.

On a couple points in the article I am in disagreement. Camille made landfall at approx. 11:00 PM on the night of August 17, 1969 and continued until dawn on August 18th. As it travelled through and out of Mississippi it caused severe flooding and deaths in other states.

Where Camille locally caused flooding south of the railroad tracks, Katrina flooded homes and business' everywhere. The Mississippi Sound wasn't the only source of flooding. The rivers had nowhere to flow and came over their banks.

A former residence of mine was located in Lumberton, MS., 55 miles from Gulfport, MS. Most all outside structures such as carport, gazebo and storage sheds were destroyed.

As I have said countless times, in my opinion, there was something very suspicious about Katrina. It came into our state "hellbent" on nothing less than total destruction. Its fury wreaked havoc until it finally weakened and dissipated in Mississippi.

FORGET CAMILLE

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I decided to not delete your comment. It is obvious that you read nothing but are just advertising. I don't think my picture looks like a "fellow".