Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Tremors Felt Today

If you are looking for excitement, you need to visit the Mississippi Coast where there is never a dull moment. At 10:15AM this morning the house started "shaking". Didn't last long but then another tremor closely followed and "shook" some more. There was also a third tremor that I heard in the distance but didn't feel. There wasn't time to be frightened as it all happened so fast. I heard loud cracking sounds from the roof. I wasn't in a doorway, I just stood still like a dummy thinking, "What the heck is this"! In my search for damage, I found my large bathroom mirror had fallen from the wall.

Yeah that's me in the mirror ... don't look too closely!!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL "If you're looking for excitement..." indeed!!! I wonder if we'll ever find out what this one was about?

Ruth said...

It sure wasn't a sonic boom. In a recent post I was wishing for snow and got tremors instead. lol I am soliciting now for yall's help getting the mirror back in place. I am so happy it didn't break.