Saturday, December 16, 2006

What A Difference A Year Makes



This will be our second Christmas since Katrina and although situations have improved for many of us, it is still not normal. Let's use me for an example. In the past, as soon as I heard the first Christmas carol I became Mrs. Santa! This was a favorite of mine The Season Will Never Grow Old. If my daughters and their families were home for the celebration, there was an overabundance of gifts for all of them. Special donations were made to charities and the church we attended. It was a wonderful time and would leave lasting memories. Last year, we were sick and very depressed but somehow I managed to get gifts for the children. Yesterday, my daughter Anita and I shopped at Wal-Mart in Pascagoula. I found myself actually enjoying it. I have always wanted to play golf but my husband didn't like it so I put my like on a "back burner". He did buy me a golf cart which was used for driving up the long driveway to get the mail, rides around the lake and even for pulling a cart full of dirt down a hill to fill in low spots at the water's edge. Anita and Dave got me a Tiger Woods Golf Game and a Play Station 2 for my birthday and I now play golf. Back to the story ..... we were in the sporting section and I saw golf clubs so we stopped and for at least 10 minutes I had tried the "feel" of actual clubs in my hands. I believe that if we could have found a ball that I would have hit it down an aisle in the store. I will most likely report the latest news here on the Coast soon after I take care of a few things.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Look at all the stuff! :) I had fun too.. and I am sort of sorry there was no golf ball available -- that really would have been interesting...

Ruth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ruth said...

I wouldn't have used a driver, I would have putted. lol