Thursday, December 28, 2006

What is it about the holidays that keep us so excited for weeks and as soon as Christmas Day passes, we deflate? I feel sleepy and actually fall asleep in my recliner and, if I have to leave the house, I can hardly wait to get back to the warmth that awaits me. Is it the magic of Christmas? Is it a time for us to slow down and rest? Or is it a time for us to reflect on the year that passed and how we measure up? Did we remember our soldiers, the poor, the lonely and the aged? Or did we just slide through without a single thought of anyone but our own gratifications? The human heart has a great capacity to love. I believe, dreamer though I am, that if we reach out to our fellowman with love that our world will change for the better. So maybe this brief period of "meltdown" is for making our New Year's resolutions to do our part in bringing our world into peace and harmony.

Happy New Year!

No comments: