Friday, March 31, 2006

I have put so much time into blogging about my hometown of Pascagoula and all the other coastal cities affected by the wrath of Katrina that I was becoming obsessive. I have achieved what I set out to do and that was to let, at least, some of the generous people all over the United States see through the efforts of an amateur photographer undoctored pics of the destruction that happened in an area that is home to me.

My personality does not permit me to sit back and say with resignation that there is nothing I can do. Whether it be a right or wrong decision, I will make one. The situation we find ourselves in at the present time will eventually come to an end because of volunteers and locals that have tackled not only enormous rebuilding jobs and debri cleanups but also the mundane chores. All the high school and college students that have come to lend a helping hand have accomplished so much. Thank you for not saying there was nothing for you to do.

From time to time, knowing me, I will write about the happenings here. In the meantime, I am sprucing up my little corner of the state.

No comments: