Friday, March 03, 2006

I arose early today to get prepared for the workers to return and finish up their work on my house. It looks great, all clean and fresh now. I am anxious to get everything back in order and move on to the next thing. I always have something that has to be done but I do intend to sit on the porch and enjoy it. Having screens again will stop my worrying about bugs and little four legged creatures coming in while I am trying to relax.

A father, his son and their friend worked well as a team. They were very professional, respectful and pleasant to be around. I snapped Stevie just as he was putting the finishing touches on the front entrance.


Stevie's son is a junior so he calls him "Bubba". I sort of snuck up on him as he was busy screening the porch and startled him. Sorry Bubba! torn screens


A good friend to both of the guys is Nikos who is busy painting the battans that will be put back as the decorative trim once the screens are in place.


No matter if another hurricane strikes and destroys it all, I accomplished something in regards to my post Katrina attitude, I moved forward. How many times in all of our lives have we worried about terrible things that could happen and they never did? After much reflection, I decided that I am going to take care of any problems that may arise in the present moment and enjoy my life again. That's all any of us can do. Leave the future in the future!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Mom! Great pictures!!

And the house looks great! Lovely and SO clean! I can't wait to see what you do with the porch now. :)

Love ya -- Anita

Ruth said...

Thanks Anita. I did manage to get three pics before camera conked out again. Glad the job is over cause it was a BIG one. Why do I undertake these things? LOL

Ruth said...

Thank you Mary! The exterior of the house is clean and that's what I wanted. Nice to have screens again too.