Monday, March 12, 2007

Day twelve must have been the culmination set for my flu to come to a dramatic halt. We all know that being sick makes one not eat or drink as much as they should. A fever makes it even more necessary that one keep their fluid intake up. Apparently, I didn't. Saturday evening when the room started spinning, I knew I was in trouble. I called my daughter Anita and asked her to go to Sonic and bring me two HUGE teas as I was dehydrating. Anita needs to write her own post on the things that happened to her as she was trying to get to me. She did arrive and she told me that I was "green". I felt green. She added pedialyte to the tea to help stabilize the electrolytes should they need stabilizing and stayed with me until I rallied. Well, actually I had to say, "Go home Anita, I am fine". I set the clock ahead for Daylight Saving Time and went to sleep. I awakened at 6AM (?) and there was so much light that it seemed to engulf the house. I was disoriented and would fall asleep. It seems as though I arose at 6AM (?) and lost the entire day. At 6PM that evening, my internal clock reset itself and I became aware of my surroundings. That was what you call a "rude awakening"! I wonder how many more people had that experience?

Today I drove to the West Bank at the end of Ingalls Avenue to see if any strikers were there. It used to be the main entrance to Ingalls but now the main entrance is on the East Bank. This old section was just left to fall down and it looks bad. When I came back to Pascagoula I complained that maybe Northrop Grumman should at least make an effort to clean this area up since the people of Pascagoula see it every day. It sure gripes me as I used to work at Ingalls years back and to see it in such disrepair makes me angry. There were only a few strikers there as the greater majority of them marched around town this morning. Since they are striking, you will always find a few of them at anything that Northrop Grumman owns.


Well Folks, I am back and I am glad. I will post a few more pictures in my next writing that will be on an entirely different subject.

No comments: