Sunday, March 25, 2007




Today was a blah day. The weather was sunny and bright but too hot for spring. It looks as though we are heading for another drought. I guess I should say instead that we have never gotten out of the last drought. Rain is not in next weeks forecast and we need it. The winter was long and very cold for our area and again I have lost a few yard plants. I spent most of yesterday on a ladder cleaning the useless raingutters. When it rains the water doesn't flow through the gutters, it comes over the top. Still I clean them as it is unsightly to see leaves peeking over the rim. I am no stranger to yard work as I find it to be a good form of exercise. There is one thing that I can't do and that is weedeat. Last spring I bought a gas weedeater and the problem was I never could get it started. If I had a weedeater starter person around and it was handed to me then I would find the darn thing too heavy to handle. So this summer I am going to hire someone. Problem solved.

I did ride around some today but not much as I wasn't in the mood. The first two pictures I am going to show you is something I really don't understand. It belongs to the federal government.

Katrina Damaged Post Office


Pascagoula Post Office

It was announced weeks ago that a new one would be built but we all know when demolition of the old one takes place and the construction of a new one begins that it will take at least another year to have it up and running.

Since I was downtown, I took several pictures of buildings on Delmas Avenue that look good.


Of course, I drove to the West Bank to check on strikers but not a single one was there. Remember the East Bank is the main entrance to Northrop Grumman and I am sure many were there. All news has virtually stopped on the strike. They are in day 17 and hopefully it will end soon.


Have I mentioned how depressing it can get riding around looking at what's not there anymore? When something like this disaster happens the time you lose waiting for things to get back to normal once more can never be regained. I read the news around the country and when they speak of the money that is "pouring" into our area one would think that we have built some elaborate paradise for ourselves. If paradise has torn up roads, abandoned buildings and struggling people .... that's us! I have mentioned before that there are pictures I refuse to take to protect privacy. There are places I could take you to that are heartwrenching. What they had was just modest small dwellings that they called home and they were gutted. Many are repaired but just as many fell through the cracks.

I will be back sometime next week. I just stopped by to let you know I am still around.

No comments: