Monday, March 19, 2007

TIMBER!!

I was awakened at 730AM this morning by the "beeping" we hear when heavy equipment is warning that they are moving and we should take note for our safety. There was a huge piece of machinery in the neighbor's driveway ... one with the bucket that telephone linemen and tree cutters use. It couldn't be used because there were too many obstacles in the way to raise the arm... my fence being one. The same guy who took the last tree out of the neighbor's yard a week ago said no problem as he would climb it. For those of you who have never seen a tree taken down, it is an art. One that requires agility and perfect concentration, which this young man has. I took pictures as he worked. Some are a little darker than I like but there were times I didn't think I should be directly under the tree while limbs were being lowered, so I focused through the screening on the backporch.. I have spent countless hours worrying about this tree. To tell you I was elated that today it would be taken down would be an understatement.
Click on pictures to enlarge

When the tree was topped, "R" began cutting about 3ft. sections and let them drop to the ground. When the tree was low enough and he could determine that the final section could be cut without damaging anything .... he dropped it to the ground. It was amazing to watch him work. The monster tree is gone!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!! Now that's neat!!

And congratulations on finally getting that tree out of your life!

Love you!
Anita

Ruth said...

I am happy BUT I think the tree was holding the fence up. lol