Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Gee! Spring has an effect on me, I just want to sleep. Earlier today I went down to the West Bank to see if strikers were there ... only a few. It is very quiet around town. Of course, as always, there is traffic on highway 90. I still wonder where they could be going. I was hoping that the strike would end today but that didn't happen. They are striking because they want more pay and better health care but for two weeks now they have lost money and at the end of the month their health care will run out. To me, it's like a "tug of war" between Northrop Grumman and the union leaders. Both sides saying, "You need me".


On this outing I also took a picture of a couple of houses.


What have I been doing? I have been raking and bagging leaves for weeks now. The very cold winter had the live oak I have in the front yard shed every leaf that was on the tree. I thought that it was dead but it is sprouting new leaves. So lately, a dead tree that was a threat to my house was taken down and my beautiful oak came back to life. In my Katrina world, to have those two things occur, all that I can say is "My Cup Runneth Over".

No comments: