Thursday, March 01, 2007

Down Washington to Martin

How long does the flu last? My temp is 101.2 degrees this morning. Maybe many of you are like me, I don't coddle sickness. Sure I feel bad, the flu can be a killer, I will stay home today so as to not spread the germs. Since last September I have been under treatment for an underactive thyroid and in January of this year, the readings were back in a normal range. Although I am thankful to be considred "normal" again, it didn't prevent my catching the flu but maybe it will prevent complications. That's a good thought. Yesterday I posted pictures taken on Washington Avenue and today I will continue posting them for you to see. Lots of time and energy go into what I do but I feel it is well worth it. Only time will tell if all of the homes that were reduced to slabs will be rebuilt.


There are only nine more pictures to take us to Martin Street but, being a little tired, I will post them later. We are still living with lots of uncertainty here but still the people are rebuilding. As you know, insurance is a great problem. It has always been something we counted on to be there for us if a catastrophe should befall us. I can remember many times over the years that we had claims but we didn't file as it raises your premium. We commuted to work from a rural area and we lost many windshields travelling on those back roads, mostly from rocks spun off the tires of a passing car. One of those incidents stands out in my mind ... my husband plowed through a flock of chickens and all cleared safely except one ... it shattered the windshield.

Although I made no claim after Katrina, my premium increased. I had a minor wreck in November 06 and I will know in June how much the car premium has increased. I don't even pretend that I understand how insurance works. They recoup the money they paid out by raising your premium so the loser is YOU!

See you later!

No comments: