Friday, March 02, 2007

Turn Around

Since I am confined with the flu, my daughter calls often to chat. We discussed that we are still not back to normal in the way we feel. President Bush's visit yesterday didn't perk us up either, I sense an underlying tone in his voice, an inference that we have spent the tax payers money and that we, the local people, should push to get things accomplished and not rely on the government. The federal government is suppose to take care of people who have been struck by catastrophe. Personally, I think we have been very patient living the way we have had to. Why are people still in Fema trailers? When he spoke of the locals pushing the officials to help us, we imagined ourselves storming the State Capitol, it wasn't a pretty picture. Maybe we could go to D.C. and be received well. I don't think so. Just waivering the percentage that a city needs to match to release federal money would be a godsend. I don't claim to be in an official capacity but as a local, maybe I know more about what's happening here. Our officials that are responsible for allotting the money would understand the urgency better if they had personally lost anything or lived under the raw conditions that many of us do.

The next pictures will show the other side of Washington Avenue and it will take us to Market Street. Washington continues on the other side of Market also. It has always been a sought out place to live and was very lovely before the storm. The people are working hard to bring it back.


The last picture is of Beach Park. After I rest a little I will post the rest.

No comments: