Thursday, January 25, 2007

Although we had a break in the weather today and I woke up to sunshine, I didn't drive around snapping pictures. The realization came to me that it has become the focal point of my life and that didn't set too well with me. I am tired of living in Katrina's aftermath and wish I could just make it disappear. A steady diet of mayhem will bring the strongest down. When I write, what can I talk about? Who wouldn't be tired of the same subject. Diversified subjects but still all words lead back to Katrina.

State Farm made a settlement with policyholders which I don't agree with. Everybody knows insurance doesn't pay for water damage. As far back as 1969 when Camille hit the coast, I knew it then and so do the people that sued. Camille had very little rain with it but her fierce winds blew rain water under our front door and ruined "parquet" floors in the foyer. We knew we would not be compensated, the policy clearly stated that.. The wind blew every shingle from our roof and we were paid as the policy covered it. So what made it so different now? Nothing changed. My daughter, her husband, four children and myself stayed in their home during Katrina. There was lots of water ... had the storm lasted longer the house would have collapsed from the water pouring in. There are pictures of collapsed houses with the shingles still on the roofs. I shudder when I think of the repercussions that it will bring to policyholders statewide.

On a lighter note, someone sent me a song today and I have no idea what the title is .. maybe you can help!

Unknown Title

2 comments:

Swapna Padmanabh said...

I think it's called
"Buttonontherightofmyelectronickeyboardmusic"

Er okay, I'm probably wrong, but it sounds like the song that plays when you press the button on the right side of my electronic keyboard!

Er okay, I don't really have an electronic keyboard, but if I did, I'm pretty sure that's what would play if you pressed the button on the right, and if I bought it awhile back.

Er okay, even if I bought it a while back, that might not be what really played, but in my mind, that is what I would be hearing.

Yes, I'm satisfied with that explanation.
:P

Ruth said...

LOL When it first starts I think it is going to be a Patsy Cline song and then it drifts away into something else. I think it is several songs in it but I like your explanation the best. Why didn't I think of that?