Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I am off to a slow start today but I am geared up enough to make a few comments. Most of my entries in the past couple of days have been "blog this" entries on various happenings in our area. I'll admit I am tired as so many of us are. The citizens that are depicted on the news videos show their tiredness but it shows something else too, if you look closer into their eyes. There is a sadness in all of our eyes not only for the losses that occurred but for the treatment at the hands of our government, our state and the cities within the state. When all the good people from all over the United States and around the World sent donations, wasn't it intended to aid the people? It seems to me that with all the time that has passed since the storm that at least one, huge, affordable apartment complex could have been built in each of the cities to get most of the people out of the miserable Fema trailers. The entire time that they have been in the trailers, they receive constant reminders that they will have to get out even though it is known that there is nowhere for them to go.

We are being badgered by those with agendas, like the smoking campaign. I, personally, call it the smoke screen of all smoke screens to take away our rights. Sexually transmitted diseases (we all know how they are transmitted and the health problems they cause) and tuberculosis are on the rise in our area and probably in other states but strangely some are more worried that second hand smoke from a neighbor's house will come through the opened window in their house and give them lung cancer. Years ago, I reacted to a TB skin test and the doctor said it meant I had been exposed but didn't come down with it. I asked, "How did I get it?" He said it was as simple as walking past someone who had active TB who just sneezed and sprayed droplets in the air I was breathing.

We are living with disease all around us. Oh! ... a young woman my daughter knows was diagnosed with thyroid disease as well as two other members in her family. I was diagnosed in September. Hmmm!!

Soon I will scout around and try to take pictures of progress for you.

No comments: