Monday, January 15, 2007

Second Street - Gulfport


Second Street has long been one of the nicest area of picturesque homes in Gulfport. Most were nestled under oak trees that added a visual serenity to the peace that existed there. Many of the trees were lost to the storm but the charm and quaintness will return with the neighbors coming home.






There are a few homes that are in disrepair but still they have not been demolished ... so I haven't given up hope on their return. I will remind you that contractors are scarce in our area and that creates a very slow comeback in rebuilding.






This is Second Street 16 1/2 months later... definitely showing signs of returning. We have been so isolated because of two major bridges not functioning that this is the first time I have seen it. Earlier I told you I would be back in a day or two. I wasn't lying, I was tired at the time. Now that I have gotten a "second wind", I am okay to go.

I ask that you not forget us as we have to work through many obstacles to get as far as we have. We will return!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the Second Street pictures. I remember driving that way every day on my way to work when I lived in Broadmoor... Most of it is unfamiliar now -- but there are a couple pictures that kinda give me deja vu.

Excellent pictures. It's good to see something happening over there in Gulfport!!!!