Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I think I will stay in today as our weather is dreary, cold and downright depressing. We need the sun to rise again and stay around a little longer. You know, as I do, that it does its magic with our spirits. I tuned in the Regis show this morning and listened to discussions about children disturbing people on plane flights. The View was next. I don't know why I subject myself to what I consider a poor representation of the american people. Their views are certainly not mine. Due to being found discriminating, I can't elaborate. I have to laugh at this point ... why would my views be considered discrimination and theirs gospel? Was George Orwell's novel, 1984, really fiction?

I listened to President Bush's State of the Union speech last night and heard what everyone else did but I also heard something else. He told us of threats made against America that were stopped. He said withdrawing troops at this time will have far reaching consequences. we are that consequence. Do we want to take that chance? Surviving Katrina and living in the aftermath would be nothing compared to what could befall ALL of us. He talked about 911 but did not mention Katrina which I found strange considering a great part of the coastal United States is devastated. Could it be he didn't want to infer that it may not have been a natural disaster? Just a thought!

There is so much happening in our area that it is impossible for me to blog it all but I still intend to post whatever I can, especially on our progress.

No comments: