Friday, January 26, 2007

Katrina Cottage

My daughter, Anita was my driver today. It was great because I didn't have to worry about someone rear ending me as I attempted to take a picture. She suggested we drive to Lowe's parking lot in Gautier where there is a model of a Katrina Cottage. Most of us speak of a home as being beautiful but the cottage can only be described as cute. The model I will show you is only 627 sq. ft.. Of course, it is better than a Fema trailer but they are not cheap. You would pay 50 dollar's a square foot for a kit that includes plans and materials. Then you would have to hire a licensed contractor to complete the inside and outside. It would then become a very expensive little cottage. It is open to the public to take a tour but we chose a day that we couldn't go inside as they were working on it. I would like to go back and see how much furniture would fit. This link can explain it.


Well that's all I have for today. Things are improving but still a long, long way to go. Our weatherman just dangled a carrot again. He said there is a chance of snow. See you!

No comments: