Tuesday, January 02, 2007

We are just beginning our second day of the New Year and I find myself at a standstill on subjects to write about without singing the same old song. Since November 2005, I have documented many articles that pertained to Hurricane Katrina and wrote personally on my perspective of what was happening in our areas, especially Pascagoula, my hometown. I have spent many hours taking pictures of damage and new construction to "backup" my words. My daughter has a blog with pictures of the damages in her home and the slow process of repairing. She and her husband's determination to rebuild their lives, and that of their children, is commendable. Anita's Blog

I watched news about people online that are blogging, making their own videos and I smiled as I am a minute part of that phenomenon. The news only says so much, sometimes it paints a picture with words for us to believe that is how things are, when in actuality, they are not. Who would have thought just a short time ago that we would be able to communicate with one another as I have with you. Up until now, we have only seen dignitaries and celebrities on the news when there is a vast world of people who have something to say. I am one of them. I was present when Katrina came ashore and experienced overwhelming terror. I struggle in the aftermath on a different level than most people. I have said many times that I didn't lose anything. I didn't in the way of possessions but to lose your functioning cities and landmarks is a loss to me. My travel to Biloxi and Gulfport is curtailed by the lack of a bridge which may have two lanes opened by November of this year. Why not just say maybe sometime in 2008?

I predict a rough year for all of us everywhere. We have lost 3000 of our american soldiers to the war in Iraq, Saddam has been executed. So I say to all of you .... hang on!

No comments: