Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A Pleasant Surprise

I am sure you all have done this at one time. I put my user name "zeldonia" in Yahoo's search box and a few things about me were there. I decided to try Google and entered my name. Much to my surprise I found this and wanted to share with you.

atlanta.voic.us

Dana Blankenhorn is the editor of VOIC.us. He is a graduate of Rice University and holds a Masters from Northwestern̢۪s Medill School of Journalism. He has worked as a journalist, residing and covering Atlanta, since 1981. He has written for The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the Chicago Tribune, Advertising Age and Infoworld, among others. He has covered the online world since 1985, starting as one of the world̢۪s first dual coverage journalist, writing for print and web, for Interactive Age Daily. He has also authored a half-dozen books on technology

7 comments:

Swapna Padmanabh said...

Wow that's a huge compliment! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Wow. You can't beat that!!

Ruth said...

Hey, thanks wv112. It certainly was a surprise to me but an enjoyable one. Now that I know there are really people out there and they are really reading, I hope I can still write. lol

Ruth said...

Thanks swapna....there's something I want to ask you--- when I read your blog yesterday I was drawn to the autopsy that you performed on the beta fish. I had two before and lost two, they don't live long. So you see I know from experience that they are tiny, tiny fish. What kind of surgical instruments did you use? lol

Ruth said...

Anita, thank you for all the Way to go Mama, the YAYYY'S, You Amaze Me and countless hugs. It's fun isn't it?

Love,
Mama

Swapna Padmanabh said...

Ruth, I hate to bring you down after such a happy moment on your blog but I have some bad news for you. After much research, Anita came to the conclusion that she really killed your fish! I think you should ask her for the details (ack dont yell at me anita).

As for the surgical instruments, it is amazing how well one can perform precision surgery with a good sushi knife:P

Ruth said...

LOL swapna! I chose beta fish because I always go for things that no one else cares for. I feel sorry for them. When I moved from Lumberton I personally had the beta with me as I drove to Pascagoula. I made a sharp turn and the fishbowl overturned and he was buried under the rocks. I had to pull to the side of the rode to rescue him. When I arrived at my destination, he lived in the bathroom filled with mirrors and I forgot he was a fighting little fish so his heart finally gave out after fighting all the fish that he saw in the mirror.
I immediately went out and rescued another little beta from wal-mart and brought him to the house I live in now. Went to Anita's during Katrina and didn't get back to my home for three days to feed him and he died. lol Anita keeps her home so cold that's why I moved. She thinks she froze him to death.lol