Thursday, January 11, 2007

It's Booming!

Today on my outing looking for pictures to take, I found some. For those who know Pascagoula, they were in the vicinity of Chickasaw and Choctaw Avenue and others around 11th and 12th streets. There are a couple of trailer shots and damaged houses.

I have to be especially careful as I take the pictures while driving, so sometimes I can't get the shot I want. I felt elated for the people.







You wouldn't know it if I didn't tell you but I just took a break. I was looking out at my yards and they look pretty bad .... leaves everywhere. One thing that hasn't changed here is that it is next to impossible to get help with the yards. The weather doesn't cooperate either... lots of rain and cold. Back to the pictures...




There were houses on both sides of the street in the above pics in colors of yellow and green. All on stilts.


There is definitely a "boom" taking place in these areas. I will continue the remaining pics I have on another post.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh look at them all!!!! That's fantastic!! Wasn't there a news article about plans for that area a while back? I'll have to look for it... But it looks like, for once, they're following through!!! Yay!

Ruth said...

There were so many being worked on that I was in "hog's heaven"!!! lol